all the small things
 
Sunday, November 04, 2007
dianacronisme (3)
"I was once watching some children playing in the playground, and it suddenly dawned on me that they were acting out the perfect play. When I am thinking about my work, I often remember my childhood games. The very essence of creativity is concealed in the playground. When playing, children create themselves. They put themselves in an environment that is under their control. Only when playing can children gain their own freedom - a freedom which they are not normally entitled to, because they are still dependent on the alien world of grown-ups. In the playground, children create their identity and also - I believe - their fate. The rest of their lives is a repetition of the same themes, the same games. As they live their lives, they will keep finding what they found in the playground, and they will keep losing what they never found in their games." [Oskaras Korsunovas]

Labels:

posted by Diana Adela Martin @ 5:45 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

  • HOMEPAGE
  • d See my complete profile

      Subscribe in a reader

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory